Click here to watch our recent webinar free, on demand—and here to download a free copy of the presentation.
Since its inception more than 50 years ago, Medicaid has evolved from a small health program, adjunct to welfare, to an integral part of the nation’s health insurance system. Today, Medicaid is the country’s largest insurer and the single largest payer in every state, covering more than 20% of the U.S. population.
Emerging from the repeal-and-replace battles of the past two years with strong public support, Medicaid continues to be at the forefront of healthcare policy action in 2019. States are driving much of the activity, including several states that are expanding or poised to expand Medicaid this year. The Trump administration is driving its policy priorities largely through Section 1115 demonstration waivers.
In a recent webinar, Manatt Health revealed the top Medicaid trends—and their implications—that you need to watch in 2019 and beyond. We want to be sure you don’t miss any of the important information shared during the program. If you or anyone on your team were unable to attend—or want to view the session again—click here to access it free, on demand. To download a free copy of the presentation for your continued reference, click here. Key topics covered include:
- The major trends transforming Medicaid—and what new forces are emerging.
- Key insights into each trend’s evolution—from its current status to its anticipated impact.
- A look at how current Medicaid trends will affect the full spectrum of healthcare audiences, including states, providers, plans, pharmaceutical manufacturers and patients.
- The ways that states and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) are using Section 1115 demonstration waivers to advance policy priorities and test the limits of waiver authority to define the parameters of the Medicaid program.
- A discussion of how Medicaid is addressing today’s most critical healthcare issues, from coping with the opioid crisis to targeting social determinants of health.
If you have any questions or issues you’d like to discuss after viewing the session, please reach out to our presenters:
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.