Examine key takeaways from the past year’s most impactful cases in financial services, and equip your organization with a vision for 2020 at a new Manatt webinar.
2019 has been a busy year in financial services litigation, addressing issues ranging from the constitutionality of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) to what the future holds for consumer arbitration in California following McGill. Please join Richard E. Gottlieb, leader of Manatt’s consumer financial services practice, and Brad W. Seiling, a Los Angeles-based partner in Manatt’s litigation practice, for a dynamic 60-minute webinar that discusses these key issues, along with other important legislative developments and new cases to watch in 2020.
- If the CFPB is deemed unconstitutional, what impact will that have on past, current and future enforcement litigation?
- What is the future of consumer arbitration in California after McGill?
- What are the limits on CAFA removal after Home Depot v. Jackson, and how does this impact financial services litigation?
- How can lenders better avoid vicarious liability after Henderson v. United Student Aid Funds?
- How have other major cases from 2019 impacted the financial services industry? And what can your organization expect—and prepare for—in 2020?
- Pivotal Supreme Court and appeals cases to watch in 2020.
Richard E. Gottlieb, Partner, Manatt Financial Services
Brad W. Seiling, Partner, Litigation
Date and Time:
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
CLE credit is available for this program.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.