The number of healthcare transactions reached a record-smashing 1,738 in 2018.1 According to a new Capital One poll, mergers and acquisitions are the preferred growth vehicle for 44% of healthcare executives in 2019, indicating that we will continue to see M&A on the rise.
What are the trends driving the growth in healthcare transactions? What are the new M&A strategies remapping the healthcare landscape? In a recent webinar, Manatt Health shared the answers. And we want to be sure you don’t miss any of the important information provided during the program. If you or anyone on your team were unable to attend the webinar—or want to view it again—click here to access it free, on demand. To download a free copy of the presentation for your continued reference, click here. Key topics include:
- The regulatory and market trends driving change and growth in healthcare transactions
- The impact of the vertical integration of health insurers with pharmacies and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs)
- The rise of health plan/provider partnerships, from value-based purchasing to joint ventures to mergers
- The implications of new strategic transactions between health insurers and technology vendors
- Providers’ continuing quest for scale—and whether “going bigger” is always the best option
- The ways that hospitals and health systems are reconsidering and restructuring their care delivery platforms—and the partners needed to make them work
- Consolidations, affiliations and convergence—providers’ reactions to changing market pressures through unique arrangements crafted for specific targets and issues
- The role of private equity—and how providers are responding
If you have any questions after you view the webinar—or issues you’d like to discuss—please reach out to our presenters:
Keith Anderson, Partner, Manatt Health
Robert Belfort, Partner, Manatt Health
Fatema Zanzi, Partner, Manatt Health
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
This program has been approved for 1.50 CA General credits, 1.5 NY Professional Practice credits and 1.5 IL MCLE general credit hours.
1S&P Capital IQ
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.