Manatt will sponsor IMN's 2nd Annual Crowdfunding for Real Estate Forum from September 16-17, 2015, at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows in Santa Monica, CA. The two-day forum is the ideal platform to learn more about crowdfunding and how to capitalize on the investing model.
Brian Korn, partner in the Capital Markets practice, will participate in the panel titled, "The Latest SEC/FINRA & State Broker Dealer & Selling Regulations: What a Developer Needs to Know About 506b, 506c, Reg S & Intrastate Rules." The panel will address in detail the current and pending regulations that are changing by the day, including:
- State registration issues… What are the outliers?
- Issuer exemptions
- Enforcement actions
- SEC criminal actions
- Does the platform you work with need to be a broker dealer? Are there exemptions?
- Rules for listing services
- FINRA regulations and hurdles
- Regulation S & foreign investor participation
- What still needs to be addressed? What is being looked at?
- Regulatory compliance best practices
For more information about the IMN Conference, please click here.