Firm elects eight new partners across its healthcare, litigation, government and real estate practices
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, a multidisciplinary, integrated national professional services firm, announced today the promotion of eight attorneys to partnership, marking one of the largest classes of new partners in the firm’s history. The newly appointed partners are from offices across the country and reflect the firm’s diverse practice areas, including litigation, healthcare, government and real estate. All promotions are effective Jan. 1, 2019.
“As Manatt continues its transformation from a top law firm to an industry-focused, integrated professional services firm, we are thrilled to promote these outstanding lawyers to partnership,” said William T. Quicksilver, chief executive officer and managing partner of Manatt. “Each of these individuals has long demonstrated value-driven and entrepreneurial work during their time at Manatt. Their innovative approaches to solving complex business challenges will only further the firm’s ongoing growth and expansion.”
The Government practice will add one partner:
- Brandon Young will be resident in the firm’s Los Angeles office. He represents clients in all phases of public and private procurement, focusing on public contracting, infrastructure, land use and public policy. He also advises on government ethics inquiries, administrative proceedings, election law issues, and federal and state bid protests. Brandon graduated in 2011 from the University of Washington School of Law.
The Litigation practice will introduce three new partners, all in the Los Angeles office:
- Reid Davis represents clients in high-stakes business litigation and regulatory proceedings. He concentrates on consumer and other class actions, commercial contract disputes, real estate litigation and unfair business practices actions such as 17200, CLRA and UDAAP cases. Reid graduated in 2010 from UCLA Law School.
- Sarah Gettings focuses exclusively on healthcare litigation, representing clients at trial and on appeal in complex disputes affecting the managed care industry, including consumer class actions, contract disputes, ERISA actions, and civil audits and government investigations. Sarah graduated in 2008 from UC Berkeley Law School.
- Viral Mehta advises clients in complex real estate, land use, and environmental, government and business litigation related to fraud and contract issues. He has recently been involved in several cases concerning government approvals of real estate development and compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act. Viral graduated in 2008 from Boston University Law School.
Manatt Health will add three partners:
- Steve Chiu, resident in the firm’s Los Angeles office, advises clients on the structuring of novel business initiatives and compliance with federal and state healthcare guidance in day-to-day operations. He has been engaged in projects involving Medicare Advantage Plan, Medicare Prescription Drug Plan and Medicaid Managed Care Organization. Steve graduated in 2008 from UC Berkeley Law School.
- Raisa Patron, based in the firm’s Washington, D.C., office, focuses her practice on healthcare transactions, assisting hospitals, health systems, health information technology providers, health insurers and health-related advocacy groups in complex commercial, joint venture, M&A, licensing and services transactions. Raisa graduated in 2008 from the George Washington University School of Law.
- Kinda Serafi, located in the firm’s New York office, has extensive experience advising clients on the legal, policy and operational challenges of the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program, marketplaces, and payment and delivery reform. Kinda graduated in 1999 from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law.
In the Real Estate and Land Use practice, one partner will be appointed:
- Sigrid Waggener, resident in the firm’s San Francisco office, focuses on residential and commercial land use development, energy development and environmental compliance. She has significant experience advising on compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act and the National Environmental Policy Act. Sigrid graduated in 2008 from UC Davis Law School.
About Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, is one of the nation’s leading law and consulting firms, with offices strategically located in California (Los Angeles, Orange County, Palo Alto, San Francisco and Sacramento), New York (New York City and Albany), Chicago and Washington, D.C. The firm represents a sophisticated client base—including Fortune 500, middle-market and emerging companies—across a range of practice areas and industry sectors. For more information, visit www.manatt.com.
About Manatt Health
Manatt Health integrates legal and consulting expertise to better serve the complex needs of clients across the healthcare system.
Combining legal excellence, firsthand experience in shaping public policy, sophisticated strategy insight and deep analytic capabilities, we provide uniquely valuable professional services to the full range of health industry players.
Our diverse team of more than 160 attorneys and consultants from Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, and its consulting subsidiary, Manatt Health Strategies, LLC, is passionate about helping our clients advance their business interests, fulfill their missions and lead healthcare into the future. For more information, visit https://www.manatt.com/health.