Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, a multidisciplinary, integrated professional services firm, announced today the promotion of five attorneys to partnership and the elevation of one consultant to a managing director. These professionals, who are members of the firm’s privacy and data security, litigation and healthcare practices, reflect Manatt’s national focus and innovative, integrated professional services model. All promotions are effective January 1, 2020.
“We are excited to elevate these outstanding individuals, who highlight the creativity and diversity of thought and background we strive to provide to our clients, to greater leadership roles at Manatt,” said Donna L. Wilson, CEO and Managing Partner of Manatt. “These professionals have all established themselves as up and coming leaders in their respective industries, and we are confident that they will continue to be incredible assets as Manatt continues to establish itself as an industry-leading professional services firm.”
The privacy and data security practice will add one partner in Orange County:
- Brandon P. Reilly focuses his practice on a wide array of consumer protection and privacy matters, including data privacy and security compliance and procedure and data breach response. He also has extensive experience litigating matters at both federal and state courts. Reilly holds a J.D. from the University of Southern California Law School.
The litigation practice will elevate two attorneys to partnership:
- Samantha J. Katze will be resident in the firm’s New York office. Her practice focuses on the full gamut of commercial and intellectual property litigation matters. Katze holds a J.D. from Fordham University Law School.
- Justin Jones Rodriguez will be resident in the firm’s Los Angeles office. His practice focuses on handling class actions, ERISA litigation and bad-faith denial of benefits suits on behalf of managed healthcare plans and insurance companies in both state and federal courts. Rodriguez holds a J.D. from Loyola Law School Los Angeles.
Manatt’s healthcare legal and consulting practice will add two partners and one managing director:
- Joanna L. Allen will be a partner resident in the firm’s San Francisco office. Her practice focuses on litigating on behalf of health plans – including the largest not-for-profit healthcare service plan in California – insurers and other managed care entities, often in complex, high-stakes matters. Allen earned her J.D. from The George Washington University Law School.
- Alexander Dworkowitz will be a partner resident in the firm’s New York office. He focuses his practice on advising healthcare providers, managed care organizations, trade associations and pharmaceutical manufacturers on a wide variety of federal and state regulatory issues and transactional matters. Dworkowitz earned his J.D. from University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Alice J. Lam will be a managing director in the firm’s New York office. Her work focuses on providing policy analysis, strategic advice, program implementation support and project management to federal and state agencies and a range of public and private healthcare organizations. Lam holds an M.P.A. in health policy and management from New York University.