Healthcare providers are increasingly deploying telehealth capabilities that will extend services to patients in rural areas, provide high-quality care to individuals with complex conditions and reduce costs associated with unnecessary emergency department usage. While telehealth programs deliver significant benefits, they also demand substantial upfront investment in technology, design and staffing. Although payers are increasingly covering telehealth services, receiving reimbursement at a level commensurate with costs continues to be a challenge. To that end, providers need to think beyond reimbursement and understand the potential comprehensive return on investment (ROI) of various telehealth programs.
What characteristics do providers need to consider when calculating telehealth’s ROI? What factors drive the dramatic variances in the ROI of telehealth programs? And what should providers take into account when assessing a potential telehealth program’s impact on value? Find out at a new Manatt webinar. Key topics include::
- ROI considerations for different types of healthcare institutions, including academic medical centers, integrated health systems, community hospitals and primary care clinics
- Guiding questions and principles for evaluating the potential ROI of a telehealth program
- The economic drivers and other factors—from access to satisfaction—that generate program value
- How can you distinguish between informational and marketing calls (and why is that distinction important)?
- A proposed framework for estimating the ROI of a given telehealth program
- Case studies demonstrating how the framework can be applied to different telehealth models in varying healthcare institutions
- The estimated financial impact of telehealth programs highlighted within each case study
Whether you have already implemented a telehealth program, are in the planning stages or are just starting to explore the digital space, this is a session you can’t afford to miss.
Jared Augenstein, Senior Manager, Manatt Health
Jacqueline D. Marks, Manager, Manatt Health
Anthony Brown, Consultant, Manatt Health
Date and Time:
Wednesday, November 6, 2019