Discover the latest social determinants of health trends, strategies and opportunities in a new Manatt webinar. Click here to register free.
It is widely recognized that social and economic factors—such as housing, food, toxic stress and income—have a significant impact on individuals’ and communities’ health. These factors, often referred to as “social determinants of health” (SDOH), drive as much as 80% of health outcomes.1 Having just one unmet social need is associated with increased rates of depression, diabetes, hypertension, emergency department use and clinic “no shows.”2
For the last few years, SDOH has been the hot topic at conferences for providers, insurers, states, consumer groups and others. Now, however, we are moving beyond PowerPoint slides and concept papers to programs, policies and implementation strategies. In a new webinar—the first in our series of SDOH-focused programs—we will review the state of play on SDOH, identifying the latest trends and opportunities in this new era of implementation. Click here to register free.
Designed for states, providers, payers, consumer advocacy organizations and other interested stakeholders, the session will cover:
- The most important SDOH trends and developments, including new research and emerging federal policy and guidance
- The challenges that stakeholders face as they seek to integrate social interventions into the healthcare delivery system, as well as to build strong partnerships across healthcare providers and community-based organizations;
- Next steps in design and implementation, such as deciding if, when and how to pay for social interventions with healthcare dollars and setting up the data infrastructure required for success;
- The emerging response to fears, concerns and challenges arising among payers, healthcare providers, social services organizations and others; and
- Strategies to avoid more “silos,” with the latest on collaborative initiatives to address SDOH.
Even if you can’t make the live airing on February 27, click here to register free now, and you will receive a link to view the program on demand. And watch your email for information on the upcoming sessions in our SDOH series.
Jocelyn A. Guyer, Managing Director, Manatt Health
Elizabeth Osius, Director, Manatt Health
Date and Time
February 27, 2020
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
Click here to register free
1Moody’s Analytics. “Understanding Health Conditions Across the U.S.” BlueCross BlueShield Association. December 2017. https://www.bcbs.com/sites/default/files/file-attachments/health-of-america-report/BCBS.HealthOfAmericaReport.Moodys_02.pdf.
2Bachrach, D., Pfister, H., Wallis, K. and Lipson, M. “Addressing Patients’ Social Needs: An Emerging Case for Provider Investment.” Commonwealth Fund. May 2014.