Although increasing representation of underserved populations in clinical trials has been a long-standing goal for industry, providers and patients alike, progress to date has been slow. The issues around achieving clinical trial diversity have taken center stage in recent months, as Capitol Hill and the administration have begun to explore policy solutions. In a new webinar, Manatt and a panel of stakeholders in the clinical trial process—including representatives from a leading provider organization and a major pharmaceutical company—will discuss:
- The progress that has been made—and the challenges that remain
- Real-world experiences and best practices—and what needs to happen next to move forward
- Recent policy proposals—and what implementation will mean for how clinical trials are conducted
- Barriers to participation—including patient trust—and how to overcome them
This program is part of Manatt’s “Perspectives on Life Sciences” webinar series, crafted to guide life sciences companies through today’s most complex challenges. Click here to view the full series.
- Congresswoman Robin Kelly (D-IL), Vice Chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee –the main policy-writing body of the House—will share recorded opening remarks on efforts she is championing to increase clinical trial diversity.
- Maria Apostolaros, Senior Director, Science and Regulatory Advocacy, PhRMA
- Stephen Cha, MD, MHS, Counselor to Secretary, AHRQ/FDA/NIH, U.S. Department of HHS
- Brian Connell, Executive Director, Federal Affairs, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Meghan McKenzie, M.A., Principal, Patient Inclusion and Health Equity, Chief Diversity Officer, Genentech
- Eleanor Walker, MD, Director Breast Radiation Oncology, Henry Ford Health
- Donna O’Brien, National Advisor, Manatt Health
- Rachel Sher, Partner, Manatt Health
Date and Time
Wednesday, October 12
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.