Discover Effective Actions for Creating and Advancing Equity-Based Harm Reduction Strategies at a New Webinar From the AMA and Manatt Health.
Harm reduction seeks to minimize the negative impacts associated with drug use and is an essential strategy to save lives. In a new webinar, the American Medical Association (AMA) and Manatt Health will lead a panel of experts in a dynamic discussion of comprehensive, equity-based, evidence-based harm-reduction strategies. The program will present best practices for lowering barriers and ensuring access to harm-reduction services and programs—and share broader state approaches to harm reduction strategies, policies and laws.
Key questions the webinar will address include:
- How does harm reduction save lives?
- What are the key elements and principles of harm reduction?
- What is the latest thinking on harm reduction, and how will it evolve to respond to COVID-19 and other recent developments?
- What actions can states take to implement and support broad, evidence-based harm reduction strategies?
- What are the legal barriers associated with harm reduction, and how are they being addressed?
- What funding and resources are available to support harm reduction efforts?
- What roles do race and stigma play in the availability of and access to harm-reduction strategies?
Jocelyn Guyer, Managing Director, Manatt Health
Q&A Moderator: Daniel Blaney-Koen, Senior Legislative Attorney, AMA
- Ricky Bluthenthal, Ph.D., Professor of Preventive Medicine and Associate Dean for Social Justice, USC
- Steve DeToy, Director of Government and Public Affairs, Rhode Island Medical Society
- Ronda Goldfein, Esq., Vice President of SafeHouse
- Gordon Smith, J.D., Director of Opioid Response, State of Maine
Date and Time
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.