Examine the Immediate Issues and Opportunities Facing Long-Term Care Providers—and Look Ahead at How to Build a Stronger Future—at a New Webinar Series From Manatt Health.
The nation’s nursing homes, assisted-living facilities, inpatient rehabilitation centers and home care providers are at the forefront of the COVID-19 crisis. Roughly 2.5 million seniors and other medically fragile Americans receive care in congregate care settings, while more than 10 million require assistance at home or in their communities. Caring for those at highest risk of contracting severe cases of COVID-19, long-term care (LTC) providers are dealing with overwhelming challenges. They must care for their patients while protecting their workers and keeping their businesses operating efficiently and in compliance with evolving federal and state rules. As the primary payer of both nursing home care and home- and community-based services, state Medicaid programs are working in partnership with providers to help contain and mitigate the spread of the virus.
In a new two-part webinar series, Manatt Health explores the critical issues states and LTC providers are facing now—and provides a road map for building a stronger future.
Part Two: “Long-Term Care in the Time of COVID-19: Building a Stronger System,” Tuesday, June 16.
Discover what states and providers can do now to ensure the LTC delivery system emerges from the COVID-19 crisis stronger and better prepared to respond to future emergencies. Key topics include:
- Re-evaluating America’s LTC delivery system and its role in the broader healthcare environment—and how to implement improvements moving forward
- Critical lessons learned from LTC’s response to the crisis
- Key areas that LTC stakeholders—including providers, states and plans—should focus on strengthening and next steps to building a better future
- The regulatory flexibilities introduced during the crisis that should be retained post pandemic
- Guidance on preparing for the potential next wave and other future emergencies
For more information on part one of this series, please click here.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.