Join Manatt for the Third of Our Imperatives Deep-Dive Sessions on the Topics You Voted Most Important to You.
Safety net and rural hospitals—critical components of our public health system—face overwhelming challenges that have brought many to the brink of insolvency. Although they play a central role in providing both physical and behavioral health services to the most medically complex and socially compromised patients, safety net hospitals receive just a fraction of the reimbursement paid to their private and for-profit counterparts. The pandemic has put a harsh spotlight on the lack of funding and support for our anchor and rural institutions that serve largely low-income communities, with the lack of investment in these crucial entities now reaching crisis proportions.
In a new webinar—the third in our Imperatives series on the topics you voted most important to you—Manatt Health will examine the major obstacles that safety net and rural hospitals face and share potential solutions for empowering them to transform and thrive. Key topics that will be covered include:
- The lack of access to capital funding and sustainable lending entities—and the structural financing reform needed to reverse decades of policy failures that resulted in inequitable health care
- Ongoing challenges to recruiting and retaining talent, exacerbated by COVID-19 and the “great resignation”
- The key part social determinants of health (SDOH) play in addressing population health—and the role of safety net hospitals in creating innovative programs, almost always grant funded, to help overcome SDOH issues that jeopardize their communities
- The infrastructure and funding inadequacies that hamper telehealth and tele-behavioral health expansion and limit the optimization of electronic health records for data capture and analysis
- Next steps to correct years of disinvestment in safety net and rural hospitals—and make meaningful progress toward advancing health equity
Remember to also register for our second Imperatives deep-dive session—Innovating Digitally-Enabled Home-Based Care: Promoting Longer, Healthier Living—scheduled for November 1. Click here to register free now. And if you missed our first Imperatives deep-dive program—Access to Coverage and Care: Policy Trends in Medicaid, Medicare and the Commercial Market—it’s not too late to benefit from the valuable information provided. Click here to view the webinar free on demand and download a free copy of the presentation.
P.S. Click here to download our free companion white paper on the ten health care imperatives essential to improving our health system and advancing health equity. Click here to watch our overview webinar on demand, and examine the ten imperatives through the lens of the lessons we learned during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Ebone Carrington, Managing Director, Manatt Health
- Muntu Davis, MD, MPH, Los Angeles County Health Officer at the Department of Public Health
- David Perlstein, MD, President and CEO, SBH Health System
- Israel Rocha, Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Cook County Health
Date and Time:
Thursday, November 17
1:00 –2:00 p.m. ET
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.