Discover How States Are Coping With Substance Use Disorder Challenges Amid the COVID-19 Crisis at a New Manatt Webinar.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, states already were in the midst of a multiyear campaign to combat the opioid epidemic and, increasingly, the broader substance use disorder (SUD) crisis that afflicts millions of Americans. Now, the COVID-19 pandemic is raging, and we are seeing growing reports of a resurgence in overdose deaths. In light of these twin disasters—COVID-19 and the substance use epidemic—coming together, along with the most severe fiscal crisis in decades, states are renewing and adapting their SUD strategies.
In a new webinar, Manatt Health will explore the strategies that states are using to modify their SUD strategies in response to COVID-19 across Medicaid, Marketplace and commercial insurance. Key topics that will be covered include:
- The emerging evidence on the resurgence in overdoses during COVID-19 and the evolving nature of the SUD epidemic
- Federal initiatives that have given states new flexibility to use telehealth to ensure access to SUD treatment during the pandemic
- Enactment of state laws, regulations and guidance that strengthen standards of care and parity enforcement standards
- Strategies for supporting SUD providers that reflect the new issues that COVID-19 is generating and the new budget realities confronting states
- Guidance on key data to track in order to understand and address the scope and severity of financial and operational challenges
- High priority federal funding opportunities—and ways to support SUD providers in accessing funds
- Other payment, policy and regulatory strategies to reduce barriers to care for people with SUDs
- Strategies to increase access to alternative nonopioid pain treatment
Finally, we will be looking ahead at ways to support continued SUD treatment access post pandemic.
Even if you can’t make our original airing on September 15, click here to register free now and you'll receive a link to view the program on demand.
Jocelyn Guyer, Managing Director, Manatt Health
Ashley Traube, Manager, Manatt Health
Joel Ario, Managing Director, Manatt Health
Date and Time
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
9:00–10:00 a.m. PT
12:00–1:00 p.m. ET