A multitude of forces are converging to remap our health care landscape—from the impact of the Dobbs decision to the controversies around transgender rights to the uncertainty around telehealth coverage as the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) ends. The contentious debates and heated disputes around these transformational issues are driving a flood of legal and regulatory challenges. The result is a rising number of lawsuits by and against every segment of health care—providers, patients, payers, regulators, and federal and state governments.
In a new webinar, Manatt will share the insights you need to navigate today’s turbulent health care environment. The program will discuss how the trends reshaping health care are affecting litigation—and the key issues dominating the dockets. It will examine the game-changing cases to watch in 2023—and what they mean for the future of health care. Key topics that will be covered include:
- The evolving laws and litigation post-Dobbs—and the unexpected statutes that could be brought into play
- The growing use of the False Claims Act (FCA) as an enforcement tool, with a look at key cases and guidance on how to protect your organization
- Telehealth litigation risks and trends as the PHE draws to a close
- Current and emerging litigation around discrimination on the basis of gender identity—and the increasing tension between freedom of religion and civil rights
- The growing litigation threat around unlawful inducements, examining the complexities of state and federal anti-kickback statutes, and what health plans can do to mitigate risk
- Ileana Hernandez, Partner, Health Care Litigation
- John Libby, Partner, Investigations, Compliance and White Collar Defense
- Craig Rutenberg, Partner, Health Care Litigation
- Kaitlyn Dunn, Counsel, Manatt Health
- Ronald Blum, Partner, Litigation
Date and Time:
Wednesday, April 26
This program has been approved for 1.0 NY CLE Skills (transitional and non-transitional) and for 1.0 CA MCLE General credit.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.