To Test or Not to Test—and What Do We Do With the Results? That Is the Question—and You Can Learn the Answer at a New Manatt Webinar.
As the science on COVID-19 evolves and outbreaks continue throughout the country, businesses are considering implementing or modifying testing programs designed to keep their employees and customers safe. Our Manatt Health, Employment and Labor, and Privacy and Data Security teams are partnering to present a new webinar that will provide the most up-to-date information—both medical and legal—on the latest testing developments.
Key questions the program will address include:
The current state of testing
- What is the current status of testing?
- Which tests are most appropriate for which scenarios?
Workplace testing risk assessment
- Given evolving guidelines, can employers still require testing—and who can know the results?
- What steps should employers take to implement a testing program, including notice, authorization, confidentiality and response?
Privacy and data security
- What kind of medical information can employers collect and retain?
- Does any additional notice have to be provided to store medical information?
- How should the data be stored?
- Who can have access to the data?
- What steps can employers take to prevent breaches of medical data?
Emily Carrier, M.D., Senior Manager, Manatt Health
Esra Hudson, Partner and Leader, Employment and Labor, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
Scott Lashway, Partner and Co-leader, Privacy and Data Security, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
For regular updates on the major challenges companies are facing, please visit our COVID-19 resources page, and subscribe for timely updates in your inbox here.
Date and Time
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
10:00 – 10:45 a.m. PT
1:00 – 1:45 p.m. ET
CLE is pending in NY and CA.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.