In the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, women no longer have access to abortion care in more than a dozen states, and even obtaining information about abortion care is fraught with risk, both for women and for those who are providing such information.
In this episode of Perfect Balance: An Advertising Law Podcast, host Po Yi is joined by Randi Seigel and Alice Leiter from Manatt Health to discuss the impact of the Dobbs decision on access to information about abortion-related services and the importance of data privacy in protecting women’s right to receive abortion care. In particular, Po, Randi and Alice explore the risks of providing information about abortion care to women in states where abortion is illegal and the imperative to revisit the data privacy practices of anyone who may have access to information about women seeking abortion-related services.
To access other episodes of this podcast, please click here.
Have a question or topic idea for a future episode? We want to hear from you! Click here to submit a question or topic that you would like us to cover in a future episode.
- California Passes Bills to Protect Abortion Data Privacy – Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- FDA Preemption: Implications of Dobbs Decision for Uniform Access to FDA-Approved Drugs in the U.S. – Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Reach of Dobbs Ruling Makes Abortion Care an Employer Issue – Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- EMTALA v. State Abortion Laws: Navigating the Legal Uncertainties of Emergency Abortion Care – Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- OCR Issues Guidance on Protection of Reproductive Health Data – Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- The Chaotic Health Care Landscape in a Post-Roe World – Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Biden Administration Takes Action Following Supreme Court Decision Overturning Roe v. Wade – Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP