Nine Manatt practices and 24 lawyers were named to Chambers USA’s 2019 list of leading lawyers for business in the United States.
Manatt Health leader William Bernstein received a Band 1 ranking for Healthcare—New York for the ninth consecutive year, and Manatt Entertainment leader Lindsay Conner received a Band 1 ranking for Media & Entertainment: Transactional—California.
Manatt’s 2019 rankings include:
- Deborah Bachrach—Healthcare (New York)
- Robert Belfort—Healthcare (New York)
- Michael Berger—Litigation: Appellate (California)
- William Bernstein—Healthcare (New York, Nationwide)
- Alan Brunswick—Labor & Employment (California)
- Lindsay Conner—Media & Entertainment: Transactional (California)
- Michelle Cooke—Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets (California)
- Jeffrey Davidson—Environment (District of Columbia)
- Jeffrey Edelstein—Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory (Nationwide)
- Gary Gilbert—Media & Entertainment: Transactional: Mainly Talent (California)
- Richard Gottlieb—Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Litigation) (Nationwide)
- Susan Hori—Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (California)
- David Huard—Energy: State Regulatory & Litigation (California)
- Robert Jacobs—Media & Entertainment: Litigation (California)
- Deborah Kelly—Labor & Employment (District of Columbia)
- Barry Landsberg—Healthcare (California)
- James Lytle—Healthcare (New York)
- Peter Olberg—Healthcare (New York)
- Helen Pfister—Healthcare (New York)
- Lee Phillips—Media & Entertainment: Transactional: Mainly Talent (California)
- Gregory Pimstone—Healthcare (California)
- James Schwartz—Healthcare (California, Nationwide)
- Benjamin Shatz—Litigation: Appellate (California)
- Ted Wolff—Environment (New York)
Chambers and Partners selects law firms and lawyers based on client and industry feedback about key qualities including technical ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence and commitment. The rankings are determined by 150 editors and researchers who talk to lawyers and clients year-round, conducting in-depth phone interviews.
In addition to the rankings, Manatt is a recognized practitioner in four areas: Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance & Litigation)—Nationwide; Media & Entertainment: Litigation—California; and Environment in the District of Columbia and in New York.
Counsel Matthew Dombroski (Environment – New York) and partner Sophia Yen (Media & Entertainment: Transactional – California) were named by Chambers USA as “Recognized Practitioners" and partner Jesse Brody (Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory – National) was named by Chambers USA as "Up and Coming."
For more information on rankings, visit www.chambersandpartners.com/usa.